Skip to main content

Life with disease

 I suspected for quite a long while. Not taking as much responsibility losing khakis losing his wallet losing his watch and getting lost when he was going out driving around Italy's it'll signs sort of started went up in my own mind well it was when my husband started to withdraw sort of within himself. 



He started not wanting to talk to me and he started to withdraw from the children. And to his friends to a degree he started getting very tired he's got a bit early and I thought that was a way of avoiding me I thought that there was a problem with a marriage rather than. That there was something physically wrong with him he was day by day things that started to come undone to begin with little things like not being able to use the taps in the bathroom we thought was a major plumbing problem turned out to be the fact that mother couldn't. Regulate harsh and cold which comes to a little cottage in the middle of the rain forest to. Sort of just have a relaxing time may thinking will be stressed by then I'd given up with because I thought he stressed and I was in a fairly stressful job and it was just the 2 of us wasn't working. 

 So we didn't we played a game of Scrabble which we've always done things that played Scrabble on holidays and it took 5 days to play one game of Scrabble and he was so determined he wasn't had to give in. And I just felt sicker and sicker as the days went by and realize that he just couldn't think up woods then he had a problem at work with they felt that time he wasn't performing his job properly they referred him to a psychologist because they thought he was suffering from stress and from there he was referred to a doctor in. And just to which a paper that's when I felt that there was possibly something. More room than that rather than just something that was an emotional problem or something caused by stress the end driving highway may suddenly see I've got a problem and I can't remember things and I can't I feel terrible because I can't talk to you I can think of things to say and this you know I'm why this something wrong with me so we talked about. What it could be and whether it was a brain tumor or whatever. N. or out some results on the same side unlikely because he was on a 55 and I think the preliminary signs I probably missed a few of them. 

But the real crunchy kind when Molly appeared to be having trouble with her office well I really didn't think I had a problem I just thought it was a because I perhaps was living a lie in and that I wasn't able to relax she was an instant Norwich any suggestion he said you know would you like to come over for lunch or not. And then you'd have to sort of coax her into coming out there was no real reason why she wouldn't come because she was like used to like to to go out previously we went soaring on doctor not not in the sky previously and he told me to sign you should Jim I think you should see a geriatrician. He said I think Molly my have also a mistress of these. I can remember that very clearly because I knew this guy recently while I was standing by the window and he's in the office and I looked at the window I thought bloody a doctor what what do you know about it. He was dead wrong of course he refused to have any tests done he refused to go and seek advice because he said that if he spoke to any of these Poppins then they would just you know you just couldn't be a doctor if you had a major problem especially if it did turn out to be outside the city would be out of work anymore. Then when you pointed out that he wouldn't be out of work if you did have out Thomas said he shouldn't be working that was another sort of problem that he just couldn't really quite face at that stage that he was having difficulty with his memory. He would ticket Tom. A lot of drugs. He was very clever about it because he he made up a lot of problems a reminder cuts. 

Sir I don't know for how long he he he did very well. Is is very bright man. And how often a partnership meetings also he. He would forget events that happened in the past you know you sense that something's not quite as it used to pay. Sam but at that stage you dont have any label to put on.

Comments